Granola is my jam. I love nothing more than a sweet crunchy snack to have with breakfast, as an afternoon pick me up or for some pre-bed happiness.
I always opt for the ‘healthier’ granolas with a little less refined sugar, but when your gal goes through 3 boxes a week, that shit comes at a cost.
I was shopping in Tesco the other week and I thought, you know what, I’m going to try my own, It can’t be that hard. So I read the back of a granola box and picked up similar ingredients and BAM- 4 jars of granola for the price of one, and so much fresher!
You will need:
1/2 cup coconut or olive oil (I prefer coconut)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup raisins or other dried, chopped fruit
2. In a large bowl whisk together honey, cinnamon, salt and oil.
3. Add the oats and stir until all of the oats are coated in honey mixture.
4. Transfer the mixture onto the baking tray and spread evenly with a spatula.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring half way through. The granola should be golden and crunchy.
6. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack before adding the dried fruit and allowing the granola to cool.
You could sprinkle on yoghurt with some fresh berries or enjoy a bowl with some cold milk.
Tag me on social media (@victorianiamh) if you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
All my love,