We’re Approaching the time of year where there are more women pounding the treadmills than ever, and ‘The fastest way to lose weight’ is the most common questions asked to google (not a fact…). We are approaching ‘Bikini’ Season.
I used to be a firm believer that your bikini body comes from the number of hours spent in the gym- but over the years, I have learned the truth.
I’ve been on holidays where I’ve had the full shebang. The six pack abs, the ever wanted thigh gap, the toned arms. I remember spending most of my holiday ‘body checking’ instead of feeling confident and having a good time.
So, how do you achieve your bikini body AND feel confident in it?
- Posture posture posture. As my dance teacher would say ‘Tits and teeth girls, tits, and teeth’. Rolling your shoulders back and opening up your chest has ‘confidence’ written all over it. Try it now, while you’re sat reading this. I feel it gives you a sense of ‘ I am important, I am confident and I am owning myself.’
- Buy Swimwear which enhances your body type. We all have different bodies and thankfully there are many different styles of swimwear out there to accommodate that. For example, I do not suit a ‘crop top’ style bikini top, but I do feel banging in a halterneck. Gok Wan probably has better advice on this topic than I, But I feel its a real strong point.
- Compare yourself to nobody but yourself. It’s easy to look at the VS models and feel instantly demoralized; But while they’re beautiful in their own right, so are you! Remember another women’s beauty doesn’t take from your own. There is enough space in this world for us all to be beautful!
- Embrace your body! ALL of your body. 90% of us women carry cellulite, wobbly bits, and have tummy roles; so we have two choices:1. We choose to buy every cellulite cream in the books, and waste money we could be spending on gin. OR 2. We OWN our wobbles and our marks because they are what make us beautiful as women!
- Put your bikini on, get yourself on the beach, Tits, and Teeth; And there you have your bikini body!
Own it this summer ladies!