I probably say this every year, but I feel like I’ve learned and changed so much in 2018. It’s been a huge year of growth, of facing fears, of watching people enter my life and others walk away. I’ve cried rivers of tears, and I’ve laughed until my cheeks hurt. I’ve felt lost and then I’ve found myself. It’s been one crazy year.
Here are the top 18 things I’ve learned in 2018:
- Fear is just a feeling, face it.
- An issue will only be resolved if you raise it. Raise it immediately and you’ll save yourself a lot of stress.
- You do you. Let others do them.
- Crying is the result of an emotion; just like laughing. Allow yourself to do both when your mind wants to. It’s liberating.
- When you have a goal, share it with everyone, even a randomer. The universe has a funny way of bringing the right people into your life at the right time.
- Always think about the bigger picture; It puts a lot of things into perspective.
- Don’t wait for something to be ‘perfect’ before you put it out there. You will never put it out there.
- You’re going to die one day, and before that, you’ll probably forget everything (like my Grandma). So don’t be afraid of messing things up.
- We are all just human and nobody has a clue what they’re doing. Some people are just better at winging it than others.
- Asking for help doesn’t mean you are messed up, weak or a failure. It just means that you don’t have the answer and you’re hoping that they do.
- Speak to strangers; On trains, In taxis, In cafes- You might meet somebody who will change your life.
- Go over and above with work, people, life. Good things come from that sh*t.
- A lot of the stuff that’s holding you back is in your own head.
- Success looks different to everyone. If you like money and being recognised, then cool. If you like drinking gin and just being happy, that’s also cool.
- There is too much fake sh*t on social media. Take everything with a pinch of salt.
- You are not the only one having that weird thought that you thought you were weird for having. Everybody has problems and weird thoughts.
- You should never rate a friends love, trust and loyalty by the amount of time they have been in your life. Sometimes the people who have only just entered your life can have better intentions for you than somebody who has known you for years.
- Do hard things. You will never grow if you only do what’s easy for you.
What lessons have you learned this year? Let me know in the comments below.
Thank you for sticking around this year, I’m so excited for 2019.
Happy New Year!!!!!
Lots of love,